Your adventure sounds just heavenly! How romantic... [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
What a wonderful idea, and your picture of Molly is just beautiful! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Sent you a PM as I have an extra pair. The Outlet is selling the PM glasses + cloth case right now. They aren't the original 1986 version, but are still tagged Pleasant Company. Just a little info for anyone else who may be looking for replacements.
Your adventure sounds just heavenly! How romantic... [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
What a wonderful idea, and your picture of Molly is just beautiful! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Wow! What a great picture! I wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride when we got married but that didn't happen. Maybe I'll ask for one for my 40th bday.......it's coming up soon! Can't wait to see the album. Hope you're able to find Molly's old glasses.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Interesting that they are at the Outlet. Thank you for your kind offer...DH will be very relieved. I think I'll still get the current AG ones to put away for a spare...never know when Miss Molly might misplace her glasses whilst partying... [img]redface.gif[/img]Originally posted by flauta:
Sent you a PM as I have an extra pair. The Outlet is selling the PM glasses + cloth case right now. They aren't the original 1986 version, but are still tagged Pleasant Company. Just a little info for anyone else who may be looking for replacements.
What an awesome time to take a hot air balloon ride! The fall leaves look beautiful in your picture. DH has been trying to talk me into a hot air balloon ride for a couple of years.
I'm glad you had a great time and I'm glad that it looks like Molly will be getting a replacement pair of glasses soon.
Can't wait to see more of your pictures! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
As some of you know, DH and I have been trying to schedule a hot air balloon ride. Because of inclement weather, it has been rescheduled a couple of times. This ride was meant as a 40th b-day present for me...and my 40th birthday is, er, a few years past, LOL.
At any rate, we finally made it on Saturday, and we took DD's Molly along. Well, Molly had a grand time and except for losing a shoe in the balloon (which was quickly recovered), all was well. Until we landed, that is...somewhere in a field lie Molly's glasses! They apparently fell off when we disembarked and were packing up the balloon.
DH feels awful, since he was holding her. He called tonight and ordered a new pair from AG, but of course these are the less-round version.
My request: if anyone has an extra pair of old Molly glasses, please PM me. I'd be willing to pay, of course (within reason, LOL). UPDATE...will be getting a pair from Flauta --many thanks!!!
I'll post an album by and by of Molly's excellent adventure. Here's a photo to tide you over until then:
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 23, 2006 09:36 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>
GOod to hear (and see) tha tyou guys had a great time. Molly looks so precious with the Fall colored tree behind her. I'm sorry to hear that her glasses were lost. Poor Molly! I wish you luck with your search for a replacement pair.
WOW!! That was MY 40th birthday present surprise too!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Besides the fact that I am scared of heights and have a phobia of airplanes (!!) it was actually OK! [img]smile.gif[/img] It was so very smooth.... except for the landing... I can totally understand Molly's glasses coming off! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] I hope you can find a pair. Are the new ones so very different?
Our take-off was predictably bumpy, and the sounds of the fuel burner startled me every single time, LOL. I'll have a funny story to share about our landing eventually...don't want to spoil it now.
There is a slight possibility that Molly lost her glasses in the parking lot when we were having our champagne toast. [img]redface.gif[/img] We won't tell DD that until she's a lot older, LOL.
CS warned DH that the new glasses are "not as round" as the old ones. And I'm just enough of a purist to want something close to what she had.
We had the kids' holiday photos taken today...DD took Molly and they wore their matching AG green velvet dresses. THANK GOODNESS I had a pair of the tortoise shell glasses AG sells for Molly to wear! They look just fine in the photo.
What a thoughtful and creative birthday gift! [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]
Beautiful picture of Molly. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Hope that someone has a good pair of authentic premattel glasses for your Molly. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
Bookmarks